After a hard day at school, give the kids a chance to let loose a little with us safely in the waves – and improve their surfing and ocean skills with us at Ocean Beach Surf School After School Surf Camp. Our extremely popular after-school surf program runs every school term – even during winter. Classes are progressively graded so kids can keep improving upon their skills, and gain more confidence. Everyone improves at their own pace and our hands-on instructors are always there encouraging them to do their best and have a really great time along the way.
Here at Ocean Beach Surf School and surf lessons we love to pass on our surfing knowledge and expertise to everyone. With over 15 years of business and local coaching experience we have a wealth of experience and knowledge to bestow to all of our surfers. We know surfing, we know our beaches and we know how to give your child (children) the kind of personalized, professional attention the will get them up and surfing in no time.
If we can’t teach you to surf – nobody can.
We not only teach kids how to surf but also instill in them, invaluable surf awareness skills – something they will use for the rest of their lives. They will receive the best guidance on water safety whilst enjoying the surfing experience in a fun and safe environment.
Ocean Beach Surf School and After School Surf Camp is Permitted and Licensed thru the City of San Diego and is recognized as a premier surf school in San Diego. If parents need some encouragement, our instructors have the highest coaching qualifications – Level 2 surf coaching accreditation Water Safety Specialists, advanced resuscitation, first aid certificates and Surf Coaching Certification. It’s just another reason why we’re the best and safest choice for teaching your child (or children) surfing.
About your surf lesson
- Two age groups: 7 years – 11 years & 12 years – 16 years
- Small student/instructor ratio
- Taught by friendly, fully qualified local and international surf coaches
- Designed by a PE/PD/Health teacher
- Covers all the basics: from warm-up, to paddling, to catching waves and standing
- Also caters to intermediate and advanced students (technique refinement and style improvement)
- Includes important surf and safety rules including info on rips, tides, sandbars and waves
- Relaxed, supportive vibe
- Professional and well organized
- Awesome fun!
- Rash guard
- Most importantly.....FUN!
- T-W-Th 3:30-5:00
- SAT 9-11:30
Once a week
4 times a month Include all your surfing equipment
Twice a week
8 times a month Include all your surfing equipment